Friday, June 21, 2024

Jennifer's Retirement Party - Adios, maestra!

After a really tough couple of years, Jennifer decided she was done teaching and ready to find her next adventure.  I completely understand and respect her decision, but it will be hard.  She's been like a second mom to me.  She was department chair and helped hire me 18 years ago.  In fact, I still remember our phone interview we did in Spanish.  Since then, we've taught next door to each other for 18 years.  She's been a second mom, a friend, a coworker, and probably one of the most generous/kind people I've met.  It hasn't always been easy, but she will be missed!

Kara and I threw her a proper retirement party at Las Palapas and she had a great turn-out!  Lots of family, coworkers, and former students came to wish her well.  The restaurant was even overwhelmed with how many tables they had to add on.  We ate, had drinks, and cake to celebrate Jennifer.


















She had her final lunch on the last day of school where our principal acknowledged her retirement and a few others and just like that, she's done teaching!  Congratulations!








No comments:

Post a Comment